Saturday, December 31, 2011
We hope you all had a great Christmas and new year. Thank you so much for tagging along with us on the journey so far and we are looking forward to kicking off a massive year. Stay tuned because we will be making a huge announcement tomorrow about what we will be doing and we are hoping that you will all be right there with us. It's a little ambitious, but we are going to be giving it everything we've got!! Stay tuned....... The Wedding Gurus
Posted by Yasmin Reeves at 2:42 PM
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
The Wedding Gurus take you on a journey to
Langkawi is a group of 99 islands located on Malaysia west coast accessible by ferry from Penang (2hr 45min) or by air from the main cities of Kuala Lumpur, Penang or Singapore. The islands are surrounded by stunning turquoise sea, with the mainlands fringed with long white sandy beaches and swaying coconut trees. Nature-lovers will come far and wide to enjoy the beauty of the jungle-clad hills and picture perfect paddy-fields. Langkawi offers a shopping and gastronomic haven and as well as a divers delight with vibrant coral reefs lying just off shore.
Location: West coast of mainland Malaysia
Distance from Australia: Approx 9 hours
Average Temperature: Tropical 25 - 30°
Recommended Length of Stay: 1 week
Recommended Hotel: Four Seasons Resort –they have honeymoon packages available to spoil you during your stay.
My Top 10 must do’s in Langkawi
(Refer to Map):
1. Cable Car & Sky Bridge – Ride a cable car through the rainforest peak of Mont Mat Chincang enjoying a birdseye view of Langkawi Island.
2. Underwater World – The huge 6 meter aquarium is the largest in Malaysia housing over 200 different marine species including seals, penguins, sharks and rays.
3. Tour the mangrove swamps – Take a boat from the beautiful beach of Tanjung Rhu taking you through several limestone caves, mangrove swamps and further inland, to dense forest.
4. Swim the 7 wells waterfall - a group of seven pools connected by a series of waterfalls flowing down the side of Mat Cincang Mountain. Drive to the foot of the mountain and trek uphill to reach the pools each a little further than the last, be sure to pack a picnic.
5. Take a boat trip to one of the beautiful islands or why not make a day of it with many island hopping tours available.
7. Langkawi is a gastronomic hub so be sure to sample many of their delicious Malay, Chinese and Indian dishes either street side or in the restaurants. (pictured night food and shopping market)
10. Participate in a Marine Snorkelling Tour - Discover the beautiful unspoilt marine life and corals with many snorkelling or scuba diving hire and tours available.